The Emotionally Intelligent Leader Workshop – Sydney
6 April @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm AEST| $695.00
About this Event
Leadership is fundamentally about facilitating high performance in teams, thereby motivating and inspiring others to do things effectively and efficiently. Emotional intelligence is a key attribute that helps leaders achieve this function.
There is a wealth of research detailing the impact emotion has on individual’s performance. This research has shown, for example, that people perform their best at work when they feel involved in purposeful work that develops who they are, and when they feel valued, cared for, consulted, respected, informed & understood.
This research also shows that people often perform at their worst when they experience unproductive feelings, such as feeling worried, frustrated, concerned, stressed, inadequate and fearful.
During this workshop, participants will improve their understanding of emotions and emotional intelligence. They will also explore and practise tools and techniques for applying emotional intelligence in their leadership, and creating high performance in others on that basis.
Specifically, participants will:
- Explore the neuroscience of emotions and emotional intelligence
- Examine tools and technique for effectively asking for, and responding to, feedback
- Explore techniques for developing self and other awareness
- Examine how they can use reactive and proactive techniques to build resilience and effectively manage strong emotions, and
- Explore an approach for facilitating engagement discussions with their team members
- Personal resilience quiz
- Proactive strategies and techniques for Thinking, Physiology, Relationships & Environment
- Workplace experience reflection model
- 5-step process to facilitating employee engagement reviews
As pre-work to this workshop, participants complete the GENOS Emotionally Intelligent Leadership 180 Report. During the workshop, you are provided with an expert led debrief and action planning methodologies to help leverage your strengths and address leadership development opportunities
Your investment for this workshop includes:
- Full day professionally facilitated workshop
- Morning & afternoon tea (lunch at participants own expense)
- Workshop Workbook plus GENOS 180 Assessment & Feedback Report (valued at $585.00)
- Development Tips & action plan
- Post workshop Skype coaching call to check on on your development tips & action plan progress (conducted 3 months after workshop).