Adult Learning Essentials – Brisbane
18 July @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm AEST
If you are new to the world of adult learning, have recently taken up a training role in your industry or have taken over responsibility for learning in your organisation then this course will give you the essential understanding that you need to do your role.
This course introduces essential principles of adult learning. You will look at the impact of learner engagement, memory, adult learning principles, neuroscience and learning environments.
You’ll also explore learning frontiers – latest developments in the world of adult learning that will strengthen your programs, help build your personal network and knowledge and introduce social and collaborative elements to engage learners.
By the end of this course, you will be able to
- Describe essential adult learning principles
- Recognise the importance of the emotional context in a learning environment
- Design learning experiences that engage learners
- Identify factors to improve content retention
- Use ideas from neuroscience in your design of adult learning experiences
- Structure content and learning process for effective learning
- Apply adult learning principles in instructional design
- Describe social and collaborative learning
- Identify personal learning networks and personal knowledge management